Many marriages are just for sleeping and waking up, raising kids and ageing together till death comes. This should not be the case. Marriage should be for companionship and love. But this is not the case in most marriages, especially in Africa.
For most couples:-
- They hardly kiss and they only hug each other when they receive good news.
- The husband only puts food in his wife’s mouth only when she is terminally ill and cant feed herself.
- If you see a man opening car door for his wife means the door is faulty.
- The only thing that makes an african man touch his wife’s neck is when she complains of fever. He wont touch it again till the next fever.
- The only time he can carry his wife on his arms is when she is in labour.
- If you see them seated outside at night, dont think they are romantic. They are only waiting for the smell of insecticide to vanish.
Also read: To hell with slay queens
- Many wives buy gifts for their husbands only when they are hospitalized.
- The only time they race together is when there is danger and everyone is running.
- The only time they go for evening stroll is when they want to go and lay a complain to the parents of the person that beat their child or got their daughter pregnant.
- The only time they bath together is when both are late for work.
- The only time a wife looks closely to her husband’s eyes is when he complains of dirt in his eyes.
Unfortunately, Africans feel that any romantic man is being controlled by his wife. They will begin to spread bad rumours. This should not be the case.
A romantic couple is a happy couple.